Thursday, May 31, 2012

Re-evaluating New Years Resolutions



I know what you're thinking. "Uhm... it's already June, Lynette. Way too late, or way too early, to start thinking about making a list of those again."

The thing is, I get really inspired to tackle new interests and hobbies when I know I get a brand new year to make it happen and do it right. Although, after the first couple of months all those new year resolutions fade away and I find myself saying. "Nah, I'll start saving next year" or "I'll sign up for the gym some other time".

I think June is a good month to re-evaluate those resolutions that you felt oh so excited about. Here's my chance to get inspired again.

1. Cook more often
I'm proud to say that I've stuck with this one; still not a whiz in the kitchen, but i'm learning, and enjoying cooking delicious food. I'm actually cooking lunch for my boyfriend tomorrow. What's on the menu? Chicken pot pie, made from scratch, with a green salad; something simple, yet delicious. For dessert, I'm making decadent chocolate brownies.

2. Shop less ... or shop smart
Uhm... let's just move to the next one?… Okay, so I haven't gotten around to this one, since I still have a MAJOR shopping addiction. From clothes to shoes, to home decor to food. Everything pretty, I have to have. And yes, I blame my shopping addiction on everything and everyone else. Denial?

3. Learn how to play tennis
My brother and his fiancĂ© joined the airline industry last year, and we are fortunate to live in the same building. My brother is a pro at playing tennis, and as soon as the weather cools down a bit he is taking me and his fiancĂ© for a tennis lesson. I am super excited and a tad bit nervous at the same time. The last time I held a tennis racket, it somehow ended up hitting me in the face, leaving a print of little blocks on my forehead. True story.

4. Read more often
Yes, I have been reading a lot more this year and I'm still going strong. I'm currently on the last book in The Hunger Games trilogy. It's definitely a fantastic series and I'm looking forward to finish it, and then find a new inspirational book. Any suggestions?

5. Work out and eat healthier
Nope, still not working out, and still not cutting out McDonalds. Ask me this question again in a few months, and maybe I'll have a different answer. Maybe not...

6. Save money
This is a tricky one. It's no secret that I love spending money. However, I never find myself without money. I give freely and help people out who need that extra penny. I probably should save more and invest, like the "grown ups" say. So this is definitely my biggest challenge for the next couple of months. I strongly believe in giving a 10th of my salary to whoever needs it. Whether it is a charity organization, or a family member in need. It's important to give, and in return you will receive an incredible sense of well being. For the leaner months, a bright smile will do.

How are you all doing with your New Year's Resolutions?

5 comments:

  1. Good idea to re-evaluate your New Year's Resolutions. I always forget mine by the time my New Year's hangover is over... LOL

    I'm going to steal your idea if you don't mind?

    Liesl xxx
    http://www.pretty-random-things.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about right :-)
    Please go ahead and do the post. Its super fun to see where you stand with your resolutions!
    Loves you, Lynette xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, i'm happy to announce that the Chicken Pie was a HUGE success :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your honesty, Actually I love everything about you. You are loving, caring, friendly, funny and have an amazing ability to make people happy. Stay the way you are, dont change anything, you are Jesus's child, let His light shine bright through you, always.
    Love u.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dankie mamma, I learned from the best :-) xxx Love you soooo much

    ReplyDelete