Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Biggest Pet Peeves!


In general, I see myself as a very happy and accepting person, who loves people and try to understand situations for what it is, and why people act the way they do. Getting irritated from time to time is normal; however I came to realize that ever since stepping into the real world, it's usually the same things that really tick me off.

1. Toddler beauty pageants
In my day, it was heaps of fun; putting on a dress, yet still barefoot, and parading down a catwalk, which mostly consisted of wooden planks, decorated with flowers. We answered questions like, "What is your name and your favorite game to play?" It was appropriate because we were only 7 or 8 years old after all. These days, I don't know which is worse; the tiny little human beings painted with more makeup than a clown, or the scary pageant moms. They compete for trophies and money, with so much pressure from the scary pageant moms. Aren't they supposed to be outside playing on a swing set like any normal child their age?

2. Noisy chewers, especially gum
I don't care who you are or where you are from, it IS considered rude to chew out loud in someone's ear... and with your mouth open at that. Gross!

3. Attention-seeking status updates
There seems to be so many social portals these days, where you let your friends/family/strangers know what you've been up to. Where it's intended to be fun and interesting, you still get people who see a status update as a chance to seek attention or complain ALL the time. A recent Facebook status read: "why does this always happen to me *sigh*…". Then someone will comment: "what happened" only to get a reply like: "i cant say" or "ill inbox you". STOP putting your life dramas on status updates just to get attention. And what is the *sigh* about?

4. Animal-like yawners 
Yawning is normal. And, bonus, you were blessed with two hands to cover your mouth when a yawn happens. Maximum one hand required for this action, actually! No one wants to see whether you still have your tonsils or wisdom teeth. 

5. Combining of celebrity couples' names:
Tomkat (Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes), Brangelina (Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie), Bennifer (Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez) Apparently, according to gossip mags' writers, the shortening of celebrity names intrigue the readers more to read the article. I just think it's stupid.

So, these are my biggest pet peeves. What are yours?

4 comments:

  1. people that don't watch 'Friends'
    Im the scary pigeon from the balcony
    * coo

    Lindiwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with this one! I mean... how can you NOT watch Friends!?!

      Liesl xxx
      http://www.pretty-random-things.com/

      Delete
  2. Those people are fools, fools i tell ya :-)
    * coo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate noisy chewers with a passion! Those are the worst. I got your comment on my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you now too!

    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete